The production technician position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s generator packages. This includes wiring, welding, assembling and use of shop equipment. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is efficient and secure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform work as assigned by department supervisor
- Read wiring schematics and build sheets
- Assemble components to produce sub-assemblies or finished products
- Track production on schedule boards
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must provide your own hand tools and pneumatic accessories
- Must have a basic knowledge of Ohms Law and Power Formula
- Must have a working knowledge of generators and engines
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork orientation
- Time management
- Technical capacity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The position frequently requires standing; walking; using hands to handle or feel; climbing ladders; and reaching with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, and twist several times daily.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Typical hours of work: Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Overtime and weekend hours as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Experience
Previous production experience.
MOSER IS AN EEO (EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY) INSTITUTION AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, AGE, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR GENDER EXPRESSION IN THE PROGRAMS OR ACTIVITIES WHICH IT OPERATES.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.