The field technician position performs tasks involved in the installation, startup, service, and maintenance of the company’s generators. This includes troubleshooting, mechanical repairs, wiring, and use of tools and diagnostic equipment. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure work flow is efficient and secure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform work as assigned by department supervisor
- Provide service and customer support during field visits
- Perform general maintenance by replacing valves, oil changes, fluid checks, and other related tasks
- Perform skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of units
- Use computer for diagnostic programs, reports, and communication
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform visual inspections
- Track maintenance on schedule spreadsheets
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must provide your own hand tools and pneumatic accessories
- Must have a basic knowledge of Ohms Law and Power Formula
- Must have generator and engine repair abilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Attention to detail
- Communication proficiency
- Learning orientation
- Problem solving/Analysis
- Teamwork orientation
- Time management
- Technical capacity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The position is very active and requires standing; walking; bending; kneeling; stooping; using hands to handle or feel; climbing ladders; and reaching with hands and arms. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Typical hours of work: Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Overtime and weekend hours as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Experience
Previous mechanical experience is preferred.
MOSER IS AN EEO (EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY) INSTITUTION AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, AGE, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR GENDER EXPRESSION IN THE PROGRAMS OR ACTIVITIES WHICH IT OPERATES.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.