Our Vice President of Business Development & Marketing will oversee, coordinate, and participate in developing marketing strategies and growth opportunities for the organization.
The individual in this position will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for customer lead generation both inside and outside the oilfield, developing and executing the company’s marketing strategy, and coordinating with the sales team. To be successful in this role, you should be entrepreneurial, organized, and highly professional, as you will play a significant part in shaping the company’s strategic planning.
The job will be located in Dallas, Texas, but you will be expected to travel to the company headquarters in Casper, Wyoming occasionally to meet with the CEO and other team members.
Moser Energy Systems Overview
Moser Energy Systems manufactures, rents, and sells natural gas-powered generators that are built mission-specific for heavy-duty, critical power applications, often in a harsh environment such as the oilfield. While headquartered in Casper, Wyoming, Moser conducts its business throughout the United States.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains supervisory and management staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees and in accordance with company policy.
- Directs and implements the organization’s advertising and promotional activities.
- Analyzes target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Identifies new market segments that will benefit from company products and services.
- Develops effective promotional material and campaigns based on market research.
- Identifies and plans differentiated and impactful marketing strategies and business development plans.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging products and services.
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecasts, drafts, implements, and oversees the department’s operating budget.
- Conducts market research, sales forecasting, and strategic planning to assess and ensure short- and long-term growth opportunities.
- Conducts pricing research and analysis to ensure competitive product and service pricing.
- Composes, develops, evaluates, and conducts training on marketing activities, strategies, and policies.
- Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities or trade shows.
- Participates in regular management team meetings as well as annual planning of the company’s objectives.
- Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of market developments.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in progressive marketing with demonstrable proficiency in designing and implementing successful business development and marketing plans.
- Familiarity with the energy industry is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.